It is true that it’s better leaving air conditioner repairs and servicing to professional air conditioning contractors. However, this doesn’t imply that you have to believe and hire the first person you find in your area or the internet. You have the right to be as choosy as you want to hire the best person for the job, who is well experienced and fits your budget.
You can always ask your friends and family for suggestions. While this is a safe option as they have already used the contractors’ services and can vouch for their reliability and trust, there is still a possibility of your not liking the way they work or their work attitude.
This is why it’s better to collect 5- 10 potential contractors you may hire for your air condition installation, replacement or servicing and then start calling them. To help you make your choice here is a list of 5 questions you should ask air conditioning contractors.
- Ask them about their working hours, and the technician’s availability at making service calls. This is an important question to ask as you never know when you’ll have a problem with your AC unit.
You don’t want to hire a person who makes you wait for a week or so for their service appointment. Moreover, as your schedule may not permit service calls at specific times, you need to hire a contractor who is flexible enough and will be able to work according to your schedule.
- Ask if their staffs are certified and factory trained. This is another important question to ask as you need to be sure the person who is sent to service or repair your air conditioner is trained and knowledgeable enough to handle the job.
Really, there’ s nothing more frustrating than waiting for a week or so for the technician to come only to find out that they are incompetent for the job, and ends up sending out their supervisor later on to handle the task!
- Find out more about the company like how long they have been around and if they are licensed to perform air conditioner repairs. Ask them for the name and number of a few of their past satisfied customers so that you can call them to find out how happy they were with the air conditioner contractor’s services.
- Ask if the company guarantees or warranties their work. It’s not enough if they offer one; you have to find out if the guarantee covers parts, labour or both. As you will anyhow be paying for both, you need to hire a contractor who guarantees their product and technicians.
- Ask them about their rates. You cannot afford to take anything for granted. Once you have narrowed your choice to a few potential contractors, ask them for their rates. Choose a contractor you know you can afford, and preferably a person who is ready to reduce costs if you hire them.
So now you know what questions to ask air conditioning contractors, you will be able to hire a more competent and reliable person you can rely on and call to repair, replace and service your air conditioner when required. For home air conditioning in Sydney, try https://getquickair.com.au/nsw/air-conditioner-repair-sydney